🆕 JOB ALERT: Litho Press Operator
We are looking for an experienced Litho Press Operator in Kitchener, Ontario. Please see below for details:
Pay Rate of a Litho Press Operator:
$33- $39.60/ hour + benefits
Continental, 12 hour shifts, rotating every 2 weeks.
- 7am- 7pm and 7pm- 7am. 2 days on, 2 days off; 3 days on, 2 days off; 2 days on, 3 days off.
- Review job orders for each product using computer systems.
- Check quality making sure standards are continuously met or exceeded.
- Operate a walkie to transport product between departments.
- Also, conduct readies.
- Troubleshoot and maintain printing equipment, as required.
- Lastly, ensure safe and efficient set up and operation of printing equipment.
- Any direct experience on a Lithographic Press is required.
- Must have lithographic, sheet fed experience.
We are looking for a candidate with direct Pressman/ Press-woman experience. Firstly, they must have operated a Lithographic press in their previous experience. It is important to note that the Press that the employee will be expected to operate is a 6 colour, 56 inch press.
Secondly, the shift is a bi-weekly continental rotating shift. Meaning, the shift runs for 12 hours. The shifts start at 7AM until 7PM. Then, every second week the shift rotated to 7PM until 7AM.
Third, work flow varies based on the schedule you are placed on. For example, the employee works for 3 days, and then has 2 consecutive days off. Alternatively, it may be 2 days on, 3 days off.
Lastly, it is important to note that continental shifts are a norm in the printing/ manufacturing industry. Printing presses never stop production, therefore continental shifts ensure smooth workflow. Also, employees get consecutive days off to ensure proper rest. This deters burning out an employee.