Bayshore is looking for experienced Personal Support Workers in Kingston, Ontario! Please see details below:
Full Time, Permanent
- $19.86/ HR
- 2% vacation pay per annum
- $1000 sign on bonus!
- Excellent benefits packages
- Assistance with relocation (if required)
- 7AM- 7PM & 7PM- 7AM
- One weekend off; one weekend on rotation
We value our Bayshore Personal Support Worker with:
• Company sponsored Benefits (health and dental) for you and your family for Part-time and Full-time
• Paid orientation and paid training
• Competitive travel compensation
• Efficient work schedules with more care time and less travel- flexible working hours to accommodate work life balance
• Opportunities to grow in your career
• Company provided Mobile devices for easy documentation and strong communication.
• Easy Access to managers and schedulers who listen and support the important work you do!
The Personal Support Worker, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, provides personal care services to clients and assists clients with the activities of daily living as described in the care plan, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide personal care service according to directions on the established care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
• Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and assistance with oxygen administration and medication reminder.
• Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
• Observe and document client conditions according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the client’s condition to the immediate Supervisor or to the Office
• Understands and implements infection prevention practices
• Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties and irresponsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
• Complete other tasks as requested.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in either English or French. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions as related to client care; able to travel locally from assignment to assignment.
Graduation from an accredited Personal Support Worker Program. The Personal Support Worker must, within their scope of practice, have a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of community nursing and the delivery of personal care service to clients.
At least one year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
The Personal Support Worker reports to the Clinical Manager, as appropriate
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
The Personal Support Worker must demonstrate ongoing competency in completing all duties and responsibilities of this job description, as well as agreed upon specific goals and objectives.
Performance will be reviewed on an ongoing basis with a formal review at the end of the three month probationary period and subsequently, on at least an annual basis. Input will be sought from employees and consultants at the branch and National Development Centre as applicable.