Bayshore is looking for an RPN (Registered Practical Nurse) in Kingston, Ontario! Please see details below:
Full Time, Permanent
Payrate of an RPN:
- $28.22/ HR
- 2% vacation pay per annum
- $1000 sign on bonus!
- Excellent benefits packages
- Assistance with relocation (if required)
Hours of an RPN:
- 7AM- 7PM & 7PM- 7AM
- One weekend off; one weekend on rotation
JOB SUMMARY of an RPN
We value our Bayshore RPN’s with:
• Company sponsored Benefits (health and dental) for you and your family for Part-time andFull-time
• Paid orientation and paid training
• Competitive travel compensation
• Efficient work schedules with more care time and less travel- flexible working hours to accommodate work life balance
• Opportunities to grow in your career
• Company provided Mobile devices for easy documentation and strong communication.
• Easy Access to managers and schedulers who listen and support the important work you do!
The Registered Practical Nurse, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, establishes, monitors and delivers nursing care to clients in a Community setting as per the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards. As required, s/he provides support and direction to Unlicensed/Unregistered employees involved in direct client care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN RPN:
• Provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching; nurse in charge in the setting and, if required, to the immediate Supervisor at the branch office.
• Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse
• Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial licensing body.
• Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care; able to visually and auditorily observe and assess clients; ability to travel; evidence of current CPR certification.
• Observe and document client conditions and changes following proper standards and in accordance with professional standards.
• Understand and implement infection prevention practices.
• Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
• Complete other tasks as requested
Graduation from an accredited Licensed/Registered Practical Nursing Program; current registration with the provincial licensing body.
Previous experience in the acute care sector; long term care; demonstrated clinical competencies; positive interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written; critical thinking and analytical skills; decision making skills; ability to prioritize; clinical certificates considered an asset.
The Registered Practical Nurse reports to the Clinical Manager, as appropriate
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
The RPN must demonstrate ongoing competency in completing all duties and responsibilities of this job description, in response to changes by the regulating body, as well as agreed upon specific goals and objectives.
Performance will be reviewed on an ongoing basis with a formal review at the end of the three month probationary period and subsequently, on at least an annual basis. Input will be sought from employees and consultants at the branch and National Development Centre as applicable.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume HERE or click the button below 👇🏻