We are looking for an Urban Planner in the Waterloo, Ontario area! Please see details below:
Full Time, Permanent
Urban Planner Payrate:
- $50,000- $60,000 per year
Excellent benefits including:
- Extended Health
- Expense Account
- Education Reimbursement
- Rent discount and more!
- 9AM- 5PM
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid of Remote and In Office
- Support planning and permitting activities for residential and commercial projects.
- Analyze City’s official plan, Zoning requirements, local planning documents and procedures.
- Assist and provide input to the project development and design team.
- Determine the effects of regulatory limitations on projects.
- Conduct preliminary research and analysis for future Land Use Bylaw updates.
- Discuss with City officials and authorities having jurisdiction on project feasibility, approval process, the purpose of land use, regulatory conformance, and possible alternatives.
- Prepare schedules; follow up on due dates and timelines between the owner and different consultants involved.
- Prepare Planning Justification Reports; coordinate and collect all necessary documents for Zoning or Official Plan Amendments.
- Present projects during public meetings; Committee of Adjustment, Public Councils meeting etc.
- Create, prepare, or requisition graphic and narrative reports on land use data, including land area maps overlaid with geographic variables such as population density.
- Develop material and support facilitation for community engagement.
- Keep informed about economic and legal issues involved in zoning codes; building codes; and environmental regulations.
- Mediate community disputes; assist in developing alternative plans and recommendations for programs or projects.
- Coordinate work with economic consultants, architects, marketing teams and City’s officials during the formulation of Master plans for the larger developments.
- Prepare all necessary application documents for City approval such as Urban Design Briefs, Site plan Applications, Minor Variances etc.
- Maintain strong, professional relationships with the client and various private and public (Local, Provincial and Federal government) authorities.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in Urban Planning.
- 1-5 years of experience in the industry.
- Valid Membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners and Ontario Professional Planners Institute.
- RPP and/or MCIP Designation is an asset.
- Photoshop, illustrator, Adobe Suite, Sketchup, and GIS software skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.